Business Analysis Fundamentals Course
Gain the key skills needed to be a successful business analyst.
This course is designed for those new to the analyst role or those with experience seeking formal training. You’ll gain context for the role complete with a structured approach to provide value to your organization. This includes understanding business analysis terminology, the business analysis lifecycle, and how to perform core business analyst activities such as engaging with stakeholders. You’ll gain the fundamental skills needed to be a great BA including understand the integral parts of a business system and understanding the right solution for the right problem.
Get EEP level training at IIBA Chapter pricing!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the value the business analyst brings to an organization
• Understand typical responsibilities and activities of the role, and the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the role
• Understand some of the common pitfalls that can impact on the success in the role
• Understand what makes up a system and able to identify system components for analysis
• Understand the concept of scope as it applies to the analysis stage of a project
• Produce effective requirements
• Master the B5 as a technique used to refine understanding of a system’s context
• Plan, conduct and follow up a structured investigative interview
• Understand the value of modeling
• Understand agile values, principles, requirements and the lifecycle and have practiced writing and elaborating good user stories and acceptance criteria
• Recognize different review types and effectively provide and receive useful feedback
• Introduction to business systems analysis
• Business systems analysis overview
• Planning and scoping
• Effective requirements
• Business systems elements B5
• Modeling overview
• User stories
• Reviews and feedback
- Monday, March 27, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, March 30, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
18 PD Hours | 18 CDUs
This professional development course is registered with IIBA® and qualifies for 18 Professional Development (PD) Hours toward IIBA® core certification and 18 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) toward retaining your existing IIBA core certification.
BA Fundamentals and BA Tools & Techniques Course Bundle Discount:
BA Tools & Techniques Course Sessions:
- Monday, April 17, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
* See discounted price to register for both courses at same time. Contact Bluegrass IIBA Chapter for individual pricing for those paying for this course themselves and discount codes.
Instructor: Krista Pritchard, Strategist, Mentor and Facilitator
Krista Pritchard has over 15 years’ experience in Business Analysis, with strong skills in stakeholder engagement, facilitation, change management, strategic thinking, data insights, problem solving, and communication. She has strong skills in strategy, problem opportunity and impact analysis, change leadership, business process, tools and techniques. She has facilitated over 100 workshops in the last two years to help others build shared understanding and achieve outcomes. Krista has a Bachelor of Commerce degree and an ICAgile Fundamentals Accredited Trainer
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.