Topic: Business Analysis Tools & Techniques Course
CANCELLED *** Look for BA Fundamentals and Tools & Techniques courses to be offered in the summer!
Develop the essential tricks of the trade to become a valuable Business Analyst. In this highly interactive and practical program you’ll gain crucial tools and techniques covering use cases, modelling, logic tools and more to improve your capabilities and build your confidence. You’ll come away from this course with a toolkit of skills you can apply back in the workplace.
Get EEP level training at IIBA Chapter pricing!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Produce a use case diagram and a detailed use case description
• Produce a process model of an end-to-end business process
• Produce an entity-relationship diagram and a data dictionary
• Build decision trees and decision tables to represent and clarify business rules
• Use critical appraisal techniques to refine and improve a system specification
• List the desirable contents of a business requirements specification
• Business Systems Analysis basics review
• Use cases
• Entity modelling
• Additional modelling tools
• Conditional logic tools
• Process modelling
• Critical appraisal and feedback
• BA Fundamentals course OR good understanding of general business analysis practices
• Some understanding of basic business practices
• Some understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer systems.
Lecture is kept to the minimum necessary, most learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and a case study.
13.5 PD Hours | 13.5 CDUs
This professional development course is registered with IIBA® and qualifies for 13.5 Professional Development (PD) Hours toward IIBA core certification and 13.5 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) toward retaining your existing IIBA core certification.
- Monday, April 17, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023; 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
* Contact Bluegrass IIBA Chapter for individual pricing for those paying for this course themselves and discount codes.
Business Analysts new to the profession
Experienced Business Analysis Professionals wishing to have formal training
Professionals who work with Business Analysts that wish to understand the role better
Project Managers that wish to formalize their analytical skills
- Managers of Business Analysts
- BACoE and PMO Directors
Instructor: Mary C. Zarba, MBA, CBAP, Consultant and Trainer
Mary Zarba is a highly energetic and motivated self-starter with a strong record of achievement, and more than 25 years of experience in business analysis and project management. She has demonstrated expertise in the development and management of multiple site medical practices, and an excellent record of policy development and direct administration of electronic medical billing. She has outstanding communication, interpersonal and public relations skills. Mary has a Master of Business Administration with medical practice emphasis, and has strong Electronic Practice Management (EPM) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology experience. Her expertise includes management skills in Information Technology/Project Planning & Management, Organizational Development and Leadership, Operations Improvement and HIPAA Compliance, Compensation and Employee Benefits, Implementation, training and maintenance of multiple EPM and EMR systems, Development and Administration of Corporate websites, and Intranet and PDA based charge systems
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.