BA101 - Business Analysis Fundamentals Course
Gain the key skills needed to be a successful business analyst. This course is designed for those new to the analyst role or those with experience seeking formal training. You’ll gain context for the role complete with a structured approach to provide value to your organization. This includes understanding business analysis terminology, the business analysis lifecycle, and how to perform core business analyst activities such as engaging with stakeholders. You’ll gain the fundamental skills needed to be a great BA including understand the integral parts of a business system and understanding the right solution for the right problem.
Get EEP level training at IIBA Chapter pricing!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the value the business analyst brings to an organization
• Understand typical responsibilities and activities of the role, and the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the role
• Understand some of the common pitfalls that can impact on the success in the role
• Understand what makes up a system and able to identify system components for analysis
• Understand the concept of scope as it applies to the analysis stage of a project
• Produce effective requirements
• Master the B5 as a technique used to refine understanding of a system’s context
• Plan, conduct and follow up a structured investigative interview
• Understand the value of modeling
• Understand agile values, principles, requirements and the lifecycle and have practiced writing and elaborating good user stories and acceptance criteria
• Recognize different review types and effectively provide and receive useful feedback
• Introduction to business systems analysis
• Business systems analysis overview
• Planning and scoping
• Effective requirements
• Business systems elements B5
• Modeling overview
• User stories
• Reviews and feedback
20 PD Hours | 20 CDUs
This professional development course is registered with IIBA® and qualifies for 20 Professional Development (PD) Hours toward IIBA® core certification and 20 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) toward retaining your existing IIBA core certification.
Instructor: Gina Schmidt, PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA
Throughout Gina Schmidt’s career, she has successfully managed and participated in enterprise-wide multi-vendor projects while performing in a diverse number of roles. As a known expert and consultant in business analysis and project management, she has been engaged as a speaker and seminar instructor by many professional associations, including IIBA, PMI, BA World, Building Business Capability Conference, Women in Technology, We Build Character (non-profit CIO mentoring) and training companies, such as SoftEd. In addition to her current firm, VITINAR, she has been both an internal and external consultant at Lighthouse Consulting Partners, PricewaterhouseCoopers and AT&T. Gina has recently authored, Mastering Business Analysis Versatility: Seven Steps to Develop Advanced Competencies and Capabilities which is part of a Business Analysis Professional Development Series offered by J. Ross Publishing
BA101 and BA105 Course Bundle Discount:
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.