BA380 - Service Design Workshop
Want to know what service design is all about and how it can help you to create better quality service experiences for your customers?
Our Service Design Workshop introduces the principles, tools, and techniques used in any service design initiative. This program will provide you with a more efficient and effective approach to exploring and solving complex design problems or opportunities. Bringing together elements of lean, agile and design thinking, this process encourages experimentation, continuous learning, adapting quickly and focusing on value so that you build the right solutions in the right way. You’ll learn how value is best derived when an organization balances customer expectations and needs with organizational capabilities and strategies.
Geared to the entire team – product owners and business analysts, architects and developers, business leaders and strategists, and designers – our Service Design Workshop recognizes that the best services are derived from an “all perspectives” approach to any service design challenge.
Get EEP level training at IIBA Chapter pricing!
During this practical workshop, you will learn about:
- What service design is and how it applies across a wide variety of challenges and opportunities
- Service design in the context of product design and experience design
- The importance of exploring the needs, motivations and behaviors of users
- How the service design process benefits from agile, lean and design thinking processes
- How to plan and execute the 5-step design sprint process
- The various service design tools and techniques
- How to use different research techniques
- The facilitation skills needed to lead workshops
- The various service design tools and how to use them
- The difference in design roles and how to grow service design capability within your organization
- Service Design definition
- Categorizing service design
- Service design compared to product design
- Service design and other design disciplines
- Service designs principles
- Design Thinking
- Design thinking perspectives
- The stages of a service design initiative
- Design process methodology
- Service design engagement
- There are no prerequisites for this course
14 PD Hours | 14 CDUs
This professional development course is registered with IIBA® and qualifies for 14 Professional Development (PD) Hours toward IIBA® core certification and 15 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) toward retaining your existing IIBA® core certification.
- Project Business Analysts
Enterprise/Strategic Business Analysts
Business Systems Analysts
Business and Solution Architects
Business Relationship Managers
Project Managers wishing advanced training
Managers of Business Analysts
- BACoE and PMO Directors
- Business Analyst Manager
Instructors: Gina Schmidt, PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA, Instructor and Consultant, SoftEd
Throughout Gina Schmidt’s career, she has successfully managed and participated in enterprise-wide multi-vendor projects while performing in a diverse number of roles. As a known expert and consultant in business analysis and project management, she has been engaged as a speaker and seminar instructor by many professional associations, including IIBA, PMI, BA World, Building Business Capability Conference, Women in Technology, We Build Character (non-profit CIO mentoring) and training companies, such as SoftEd. In addition to her current firm, VITINAR, she has been both an internal and external consultant at Lighthouse Consulting Partners, PricewaterhouseCoopers and AT&T. Gina has recently authored, Mastering Business Analysis Versatility: Seven Steps to Develop Advanced Competencies and Capabilities which is part of a Business Analysis Professional Development Series offered by J. Ross Publishing
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.