BA310 - Agile Product Ownership
How do we ensure that the right product is built in the right way to most effectively solve the right business problem?
To answer this question, Product Owners need clarity of vision, alignment with organizational strategy, an understanding of the development process and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Through this course you will gain the techniques and tools to enable you to become an effective Product Owner who is equipped to guide product development, and lead product ownership teams. Our course focuses on the leadership needed to ensure product fit, and how these practices work in an Agile development process. You will also cover value management, and how collaboration is so important to identifying the most important aspects and features of a product.
Get EEP level training at IIBA Chapter pricing!
During this course you will learn about:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in product ownership
- How to help identify which products should be built to maximize business value using tools such as purpose alignment model, Kano analysis, value stream mapping
- How to build a product roadmap and link that to business outcomes
- How to use personas and product design workshops to help define features and quality goals for building a product roadmap
- The shape of a well-formed backlog and how to populate it progressively techniques such as story mapping, prioritization and backlog grooming to build a release plan
- How to use paper prototyping and usability heuristics to guide the design of the product
- How to write stories for development on a just-in-time basis while ensuring the
design principles and architectural guidelines are adhered to
| • The Product Owner role
|| • Prioritization
| • The value management team
|| • Backlog grooming
| • The product development lifecycle
|| • Story splitting
| • Vision
|| • Story elaboration
| • Product roadmap
|| • Frequent releases
| • Personas
|| • Successful closure
| • Design workshops
- Formal Agile Training to understand agile principles
- Understand your organization's product development process, and
- Mastery skill in developing user stories
15 PD Hours | 15 CDUs
This professional development course is registered with IIBA® and qualifies for 15 Professional Development (PD) Hours toward IIBA® core certification and 15 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) toward retaining your existing IIBA® core certification and Agile Analysis (IIBA®-AAC) certfication.
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-APO Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course.
Project Management Institute (PMI)® accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI® and will contribute 14 professional development units (PDUs) towards your chosen certification (4 leadership hours and 10 technical hours).
- Project Business Analysts working in an Agile context
Enterprise/Strategic Business Analysts
- Business Analysis Consultants
Business and Solution Architects
Business Relationship Managers
Project Managers wishing advanced agile training
Managers of Business Analysts
- BACoE and PMO Directors
- Business Analyst Manager
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021; 12:00 - 5:00 PM EDT
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021; 12:00 - 5:00 PM EDT
- Thursday, September 16, 2021; 12:00 - 5:00 PM EDT
Instructors: Jessica Katz, Agile Instructor and Coach, SoftEd
Jessica Katz is an agile trainer and coach at SoftEd. She has more than seven years of experience helping individuals, teams and organizations to adopt agile methodologies such as scrum and kanban. Her experience in supporting agile implementations and transformations has seen her working with a number of different organizations, in a variety of industries.
Jessica specializes in supporting organizations to assess where they are at and helps them get to where they would like to be in terms of their cultural and strategic visions as well as tactical outcomes. She is skilled at breaking down complex high-level management goals into specific steps that still align with existing and new corporate goals.
She supports and builds high-performing teams, helping them to embrace the agile mindset and to be introspective of the way they work together so that they can collaborate more effectively. She provides teams with conflict mediation and encourages increased emotional intelligence to foster greater personal engagement and team cohesion.
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.