Topic: Business Analysis Tools & Techniques Course
GUARANTEED TO RUN!
Develop the essential tricks of the trade to become a valuable Business Analyst. In this highly interactive and practical program you’ll gain crucial tools and techniques covering use cases, modelling, logic tools and more to improve your capabilities and build your confidence. You’ll come away from this course with a toolkit of skills you can apply back in the workplace.
Get EEP level training at IIBA Chapter pricing!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Produce a use case diagram and a detailed use case description
• Produce a process model of an end-to-end business process
• Produce an entity-relationship diagram and a data dictionary
• Build decision trees and decision tables to represent and clarify business rules
• Use critical appraisal techniques to refine and improve a system specification
• List the desirable contents of a business requirements specification
• Business Systems Analysis basics review
• Use cases
• Entity modelling
• Additional modelling tools
• Conditional logic tools
• Process modelling
• Critical appraisal and feedback
• BA101 - BA Fundamentals course or good understanding of general business analysis practices
• Some understanding of basic business practices
• Some understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer systems.
Lecture is kept to the minimum necessary, most learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and a case study.
14 PD Hours | 14 CDUs
This professional development course is registered with IIBA® and qualifies for 14 Professional Development (PD) Hours toward IIBA core certification and 14 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) toward retaining your existing IIBA core certification.
Business Analysts new to the profession
Experienced Business Analysis Professionals wishing to have formal training
Professionals who work with Business Analysts that wish to understand the role better
Project Managers that wish to formalize their analytical skills
- Managers of Business Analysts
- BACoE and PMO Directors
Instructor: Gina Schmidt, PMP, CBAP, PMI-PBA
Throughout Gina Schmidt’s career, she has successfully managed and participated in enterprise-wide multi-vendor projects while performing in a diverse number of roles. As a known expert and consultant in business analysis and project management, she has been engaged as a speaker and seminar instructor by many professional associations, including IIBA, PMI, BA World, Building Business Capability Conference, Women in Technology, We Build Character (non-profit CIO mentoring) and training companies, such as SoftEd. In addition to her current firm, VITINAR, she has been both an internal and external consultant at Lighthouse Consulting Partners, PricewaterhouseCoopers and AT&T. Gina has recently authored, Mastering Business Analysis Versatility: Seven Steps to Develop Advanced Competencies and Capabilities which is part of a Business Analysis Professional Development Series offered by J. Ross Publishing
Pass the Word:
Don't forget: Let your friends and colleagues know about this month's event by forwarding this event to them.